If you’re lactose-intolerant like I am, here’s a simple quickie (and vegan!) corn chowder recipe I made up that’s short on prep time and long on flavor! Feel free to add whatever else you like to make it your own. I kept it very basic.
- 1 quart Imagine Organic Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 8 oz. frozen organic corn (I used half of a 16-oz. package)
- 2-3 small red potatoes, cubed into small (1/2″ or so) pieces
- a sprinkle of dried thyme
- OPTIONAL: dash of cayenne pepper — if you like a little “kick”
Pour the Potato Leek Soup into a large saucepan, then add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer approx. 20-30 min., stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Makes approx. 4 servings.