Winter in New Hampshire is a great time for curling up next to the woodstove with a good book, but I’ve been downloading books on my Kindle faster than I can read them! Here is my current reading TO DO list, in no particular order:
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss. Compelling title. Dynamic author with a great blog.
- Internal Time: Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You’re So Tired by Till Roenneberg. Obeying your body’s clock instead of the time clock.
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, and Monique Tilford. THE must-read classic for every downshifter’s reading list.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle. The title says it all.
- The Freedom Manifesto: How to Free Yourself from Anxiety, Fear, Mortgages, Money, Guilt, Debt, Government, Boredom, Supermarkets, Bills, Melancholy, Pain, Depression, Work, and Waste by Tom Hodgkinson. How long is this book?! If I start with this one, maybe I won’t have to read anything else.
- In Praise of Slowness by Carl Honore. Because SLOW is GOOD.
- Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills by Marianne Cantwell. Maybe chickens really are smarter than people.
- Post Office by Charles Bukowski. A famous writer who worked at the post office. My hero.
I would love to hear from you if you’ve read any of the above, or have additional recommendations to share. Thanks!